The Foreign Policy Association of Moldova, Asociatia pentru Politica Externa (APE) is Moldova’s leading foreign policy think-tank, committed to supporting Moldova’s Europeanization, integration into the European Union and a viable settlement of the Transnistrian conflict. It was established in fall 2003 by a group of well-known experts, public personalities and former senior officials and diplomats reunited by their commitment to contribute their expertise and experience to a comprehensive analysis of Moldova’s foreign policy options and formulation of an efficient foreign policy.
As an independent, non-partisan, and non-profit organization, the APE aims to:
- improve the quality of the foreign policy debates in Moldova;
- provide a platform for informed discussions and analysis on foreign policy issues;
- strengthen the foreign policy experts’ community in Moldova;
- foster better interraction between non-governamental experts and decision makers;
- interpret Moldova for a broader international audience and interpret the international processes for Moldovan public,
- provide interested officials and diplomats, as well as the wider public, an independent high-quality assessment on the most topical issues of Moldova’s foreign policy and international processes affecting Moldova’s interests;
- promote a better understanding by Moldovan public of various aspects of Moldovan foreign policy options and ways of achieving its goals on the international scene;
- stimulate citizens’ interest in the area of foreign policy and better understanding of various aspects of European affairs and international relations.
To these ends the APE and its staff:
- organise foreign policy-focused events (conferences, round tables, seminars, public discussions, summer schools, study trips, etc.);
- arrange public lectures and visits by international experts and scholars;
- participate in international conferences, regional think-tank initiatives and networks;
- publish studies, analyses and commentaries;
- conduct policy-oriented research;
- make regular commentaries in the media.
President of the Association: Victor Chirilă